Serving Connecticut, Southern Massachusetts, and Westchester County, Hartford, Stamford, Norwalk, New Rochelle, Springfield, New Haven
Thursday, January 8th, 2015 by Lauren Wills
Make sure you and your home are prepared,
no matter what this winter season may hold, by following these tips.
Tips to Help Prevent Frozen Pipes
1. Set your thermostat to a consistent temperature day and night.
2. Run water through the pipes occasionally during the day to help prevent freezing.
3. Wrap uninsulated pipes with foam or self-adhesive insulating tape.
4. Keep doors open between heated and unheated rooms.
5. Make sure you know how to shut off all water valves in the event a frozen pipe bursts.
Tips To Prevent Winter Precipitation Issues (Such as Snowmelt)
ServiceMaster Restoration by Wills is available 24/7/365.
For help mitigating winter weather-related damage to your home or business, contact us!
Sources: http://www.ready.gov/winter-weather, http://emergency.cdc.gov/disasters/winter/beforestorm/supplylists.asp, https://www.questargas.com/AboutNaturalGas/EnergyTips/furnaceprep.php
our service area